Click here to download the TOPEC activity risk assessment
TSB TOPEC – a commitment to safe practices
At TSB TOPEC, safety is our number one priority. All our staff agree that a commitment to safe practices is essential to achieve the elimination of incidents, resulting from our actions.
The TSB TOPEC commitment goes beyond caring for people and includes the complete avoidance of damage to:
- Our environment
- Public utilities / services, and
- Property of any kind, including our own and adjacent buildings/property owned by others.
TSB TOPEC Core Safety Principles
All staff at TSB TOPEC embrace S.A.F.E.T.Y principles:
- Safe does not mean risk free – we will disclose risks, we will manage risks and support Challenge-by-Choice
- Assess – experience is no assurance that mishaps will not happen. We will continually reassess the situation to manage risks and keep within limits.
- Focus – familiarity and prolonged exposure without a mishap can lead to a loss of appreciation of risk – Risk Perception changes with experience. We will ensure the focus on real risk is maintained.
- Everyone is responsible for the identification and management of risk – participants, staff, management
- Think before you act – be conservative, listen to your instincts and be prepared to stop. Always operate in the safest manner practicable.
- Your contribution can help others – report hazards, incidents, accidents so others can learn.
We will achieve S.A.F.E.T.Y by training and working together and through our individual and collective responsibilities.
TSB TOPEC is audited by Outdoors Mark and Maritime NZ to ensure that our operation meets National Industry requirements. This audit also looks at risk management, staff competency, staff training, accident reporting and equipment.
TSB TOPEC and Outdoors Mark (Safety accreditation)
The AdventureMark symbol is a New Zealand registered trademark and provides a clear and public demonstration that the operations or services awarded a certificate have successfully demonstrated their conformance with the Safety Audit Standard for Adventure Activities.